Friday, March 18, 2011

Bad Carma

Bad Carma last weekend - two car washes turned me away saying my truck's tires are too big to fit in their track.  Never mind that it fit car wash tracks in KY, NM, and AZ.  They tell me to go across town to a car wash that doesn't have a rail-track so I drive to third car wash and cheap ($6) and drive on through, and the freakin mechanical "brushes" knock out my driver side mirror *&$%#$@!  I freak out to stop the car wash so I can find my broken mirror, I get wet and soapy.  Car wash guy says to read sign that says they are not liable for damage to cars - use at your own risk!  Then I try and drive without mirror but it's exceedingly treacherous so I call Hollywood Toyota parts and it's $100 to replace.  I go online to find a salvage yard they say they have one for $35.  I drive to the valley and get there and it doesn't match the other side - wrong year.  Guy feels sorry for me so sells it for $30.  I install it and try to adjust position and it breaks!  Salvage guy says I broke it - no refund.  I beg to use tools to dismantle the broken one and use parts to fix the salvage one.  Finally, after wasting the day just to get a $36 car wash.  Definitely an Odeg kinda day...