Sunday, February 13, 2011

I Left My Heart In Las Cruces

Arrived in Las Cruces, New Mexico and stopped at a local mom & pop gas station to top off the tank, but in actuality, had to use the restroom really bad.  Turns out the restroom was out of commission, on account of some poor fellar didn't have the manners to clean up after themselves.  The clerk put it a little milder - "last guy who used it musta started swatting a fly in there cause it's all over the damn walls!"  And then she said, "Sorry, it's a real mess in there.  Can't let you use it."  She must have seen the sorriest disappointed look on my face, or maybe the pained cringe, cause she conceded by saying, "Unless you want to wait?"  To which I happily agreed.  So I started chattin' with the guy behind the counter, while his I presumed wife cleaned the toilet.  Told him my story and mentioned how beautiful Las Cruces was and was thinking of staying the for the night.  He replied, "Don't do it.  You won't want to leave!"  Hahaha, funniest line I ever heard about the beauty of Las Cruces.  He was right though...almost.  It was hard to leave a beautiful city in the desert.  Las Cruces was good to me...